For Immediate Release: May 10, 2023
Focusing on Quebec’s response to COVID-19
Quebec City – The Quebec government’s response to COVID-19 will be examined at the National Citizens Inquiry in Quebec City this week. The Hearings run from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, May 11 – 13.
Expert witnesses testifying will include:
- Hélène Banoun: Graduate in Pharmacy, Biology option and Former Intern at Hospitals in Paris
- Myriam Bohémier: Lawyer involved in the defense of the rights of people who have been affected by government measures related to the declaration of a state of health emergency
- Barry Breger: Orthomolecular/Integrative Medical Doctor Pierre Chaillot: Statistician and author of “Covid-19, ce que revelent les chiffres officiels”
- Michel Chossudovsky: Economist, author, professor emeritus of economics at the University of Ottawa and the president and director of the Centre for Research on Globalization
- Christine Cotton: Biostatistician, founder and director of a research company
- Sabine Hazan: Gastroenterologist, scientist, speaker, author, expert in the microbiome, CEO of Progenabiome and Ventura clinical trials
- René Lavigueur: Family physician who does home care and palliative care among other things
- Christian Linard: Clinical biochemist and full professor at the Universite du Quebec a Trois- Rivieres
- Marc André Paquette: Kindergarten teacher and former medical student challenged many pediatricians and public health physicians during the crisis.
- Christian Perronne: MD, PhD qualified in Internal Medicine and is Professor of Infectious and Tropical Diseases
- Patrick Provost: Full Professor in the Department of Microbiology, Infectious diseases and Immunology at the Faculty of Medicine of Universite Laval
- Denis Rancourt: Scientist, Social theorist and Researcher at Ontario Civil Liberties Association
- Didier Raoult: Physician, professor, and microbiologist specializing in infectious diseases
- Jean Marc Sabatier: Statistician, Director of Research at CNRS, affiliated with the Institute of NeuroPhysiopathology
- Jean Saint Arnaud: Family physician specializing in obstetrics
- Jérome Sainton: Doctor of Medicine, General practitionner, bioethicist and engineer
The names of private citizens testifying will only be available during the hearings.
The Quebec City hearings will be broadcast live on the NCI website
The Quebec City venue is Le Bonne Entente, 3400 Chemin Sainte-Foy, Quebec (QC) GIX 1S6 Telephone: 418-653-5221 or 1-800-463-4390
Due to limited space in the hearing room the public is asked to arrange for access through Eventbrite.
Members of the media are asked to provide identification to NCI volunteers on site to obtain access. Prior notification of attendance to [email protected] will assist in assuring seating. NCI spokesperson, Michelle Leduc Catlin, will be at the hearings and will be able to assist you.
The final Hearing will be held in Ottawa May 17 – 19, 2023.
NCI is a Canada-wide citizen-led and citizen-funded initiative to investigate governments’ COVID-19 policies in a fair and impartial manner that is completely independent from government. Through questioning led by lawyers, individual Canadians and experts will present evidence under oath to Independent Commissioners.
Media inquiries concerning the National Citizens Inquiry should be directed to: [email protected]