National Citizens Inquiry Commissioners Report
Inquiry into the Appropriateness and Efficacy of the COVID-19 Response in Canada
Ottawa: On Tuesday, November 28, 2023, the National Citizens Inquiry (NCI) released the final report of its months-long investigation into Canada’s response to COVID-19. This report follows the September 14 release of an interim report focused on the regulatory approval process and safety of COVID-19 vaccines.
The Report was written by NCI’s four independent Commissioners: Chairperson Mr. Ken Drysdale, Ms. Heather DiGregorio, Ms. Janice Kaikkonen and Dr. Bernard Massie. The Report is the culmination of their efforts to:
- listen to the testimony of over 300 witnesses who told the Commissioners and all Canadians what happened to them during the COVID-19 crisis, or shared their expertise on subjects ranging from the economy and education, to mental health and medical science, to media and institutional censorship, to social harms and civic losses—to name just a few.
- learn how Canadians were affected by the policies enacted by governments and other organizations in response to COVID-19.
- recommend ways health and other crises can be better managed in future, to reduce and avoid the many harms that Canadians experienced since COVID-19 began in early 2020.
The Commissioners expressed deep appreciation for the individuals and organizations who courageously came forward to share their experiences, expertise and perspectives, and which led to the report and recommendations now available here.
Inquiry Into the Appropriateness and Efficacy of the COVID-19 Response in Canada
• Volume One: Executive Summary
• Volume Two: Analysis, Recommendations, Conclusions, Commissioners’ Statement
• Volume Three: Witness Transcripts by Hearing Location
La traduction française sera fournie par tranches.
- Volume 1 – Résumé
- Volume 2 – Analyse, recommandations, conclusions, déclaration des commissaires – à venir
- Volume 3 – Transcriptions des témoignages – à venir
To learn more about the Inquiry, the NCI invites you to:
• Watch or listen to the Witness Testimony • Review the evidence submitted by witnesses in the Exhibits List
• Follow the NCI on our social media and podcast accounts and get involved by signing up for the NCI newsletter to stay updated on all we do