Committed to Accountability and Transparency
Citizens Inquiry Canada (CIC) is the non-profit corporation that provides the legal framework for the National Citizens’ Inquiry initiative.
Where the Commissioners ensure that the NCI is conducted according to the highest evidentiary standards, the CIC’s Board of Directors ensure that the NCI’s administration is carried out with rigorous financial and legal oversight.
The CIC’s Board of Directors ensure:
- Funds received and disbursed are done so according to the required accounting and audit standards and practices;
- Compliance with Canadian privacy legislation and other laws; and
- Sound corporate governance and risk management.
CIC Board of Directors
Ches Crosbie KC is a long-time member of the bar of NL who has been entrusted by voters to represent them in leadership positions in the legislature. His volunteer activities include the Atlantic Charter Foundation, which commemorates the August 1941 meeting in Newfoundland waters of wartime leaders Winston Churchill and Franklin Roosevelt, who famously told the the free world, “We have nothing to fear except fear itself.”
David Ross is a Fellow of the Chartered Professional Accountants of New Brunswick and Canada. As a life-long volunteer in professional and charitable activities, David’s service includes the following:
- more than 40 years as Treasurer, then President* of Calvary Road Gospel Association, a small Canadian religious charity serving primarily in Cuba;
- more than 35 years as Interpreter* to the Deaf, Moncton Wesleyan Church;
- more than 25 years as Chair* of the Complaints (Professional Conduct) Committee, Chartered Professional Accountants of New Brunswick;
- more than 20 years as committee member, then Chair*, of the Unified Rules Standing (Ethics) Committee (and predecessors), Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada;
- 20 years as Board and/or Finance Committee Chair, Moncton Christian Academy;
- 10 years as Chapel Volunteer, Dorchester Penitentiary; and
- 4 years as Community Representative, Research Ethics Board, Horizon Healthcare Corporation, New Brunswick.
* Denotes continuing.